The Centre for Information Technology (CIT) was established at YASHADA in April 1987 (formerly, the Centre for Computer Application and Training - CCAT).
- To conduct training programmes on various aspects of Information Technology, including office-level management, LAN + WAN, Internet and Intranet, and website management.
- To enable development of application software for use in Government departments.
- To establish LAN systems at YASHADA and provide 365 x 24 x 7 connectivity for training programmes, library use, faculty and trainee - participants in the campus.
- To develop e-learning knowledge portals and provide gateways for access to training programmes and reading material.
- Conducting training programmes on various aspects of computers and information systems.
- Planning and overseeing purchase and maintenance of computers and related equipments.
- Developing application software for Government departments and YASHADA.
- Providing application support, problem solving assistance and internal training on use of computers.
- Maintaining the Website for the Academy
- Providing Internet access on the YASHADA campus and integrating Internet into the training programmes.
- Providing advice and guidance on computerisation to other departments of the Government of Maharashtra.
Present I.T. InfrastructureThe current CIT LAN setup includes:
- A Server Room consisting of 10 Servers.
- 450 access points for 200 desktops and 250 access points through 'Thin Clients'.
- 3 computer based classrooms and IT labs
Software Development and IT Projects
- Gramlekha Software for State Institute of Rural Development (SIRD).
- Audio-Visual Multimedia Microplanning project.
- Register of Innovation (ROI).
- Training Management Information System (TMIS)
- Co-ordinating the Microplanning Project with CCMP and COEP.
- YASHADA Intranet
- IT Inventory and Assets Management System.
- Firewall with UTM for Internet Security.
- Email, Messaging and Collaboration Suite (Zimbra).
- An Asterisk based Call Center with advanced features for BRGF Scheme.
- A Feature reached Website for National Documentation Center, for DoPT sponsered CBPR Programme.
- An e learning platform based on Moodle Learning Content Management System.
- Various applications for CIT's internal use.
- IT Inventory and Assets Management System