YASHADA is a composite training institute having a dual role as an Administrative Training Institute and a State Institute of Rural Development. The objectives of YASHADA are as follows:
- To promote modern management science as a major instrument for development of economic and social activities of the State Government, Zilla Parishads and other institutions and organizations of the State Government.
- To develop managerial skills, organizational capability, leadership and decision-making ability for development planning and efficiency in implementation of policies, programmes and projects.
- To carry on operational and policy-oriented research, to evolve ideas and concepts appropriate to the local, state and national environment and to formulate policy alternatives.
- To serve as the apex institute for the collection and dissemination of information regarding development administration.
- To foster, assist and support individuals, organizations and institutions in the use of management science.
- To provide consultancy services in development and public administration.
- To function as the nodal State-level training institute in the field of development administration.